Sunday 15 September 2013

Art Studio News. Latest Custom Painting.

I recently completed a painting for one of my beautiful client's new home. The brief was to add interest to the staircase wall which is largely visible on entry to her home.

I thought I would use this blog post to share the end result and give you an insight into the process behind creating a custom art work. Initially, the client emailed me photos of the space. From these photos I was able to create a series of options with the art work design. I also met the client on site to discuss the scale, shape and colours. Although I can work with photos and phone calls, it is always great to actually see the space in real prior to starting the new work. Through our meeting and email/ phone discussions we decided a 1500mm diameter round art work would fit the space and brief. This round canvas was made custom and took a few weeks of layering to achieve the end result! I used gold, black, white and orange to create this work and many layers of gesso and some gold leaf to achieve the texture and colour intensity.

My clients were extremely exited with the end result and I thoroughly enjoyed working with them!

TKx

No comments:

Post a Comment